Founding a Standard UG in Germany
If you want to open a German company, you have a broad spectrum of options. One of the most common legal forms for start-up businesses is a German Entrepreneurial Company or with its German acronym “UG”. A “Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)” offers a simple structure typically designed for private companies. It has been especially developed for small start-ups.
Founding a UG in Germany is something straight forward but only when you fund the company with cash. To answer a typical question in advance. Yes, the money can be used afterwards but this needs to be carefully structured. Since you wish to start making business as soon as possible, may I point out that this may practically happen as soon as the articles of association have been signed at the notary. The company will however only exist when it has been entered to the Commercial Registry which takes a few weeks time. Once the company has been formally founded (= entry in Commercial Registry), then ex officio all rights and duties will be those of the company and not anymore of the acting person.
Eligibility as Foreigner to Open a Company in Germany
Are you wondering whether you as an alien may be a shareholding director of a German company? You may worry no longer. It permissible that any non-German may be a shareholder even also its director. If you want to understand more why being a foreigner is no issue to be a shareholder, just click this sentence. When you are not or do not wish to come to Germany, then you can found it and run it from abroad as well. I can represent you at the notary and other authorities but only introduce you to a bank.
Requirements for Standard Formation
- The minimum share capital for a UG is € 1.
- The minimum number of shareholders is one.
This offer can only contain up to three shareholders! Any more directors disqualifies you for this setup and leads you to individualized UG.
- The standard formation may only have one director. Any more directors disqualifies you for this setup and leads you to individualized UG.
- A physical address is required. (A virtual office is only acceptable with a physical address here).
- Description of the line of business.
- The establishment of a new (standard) UG requires
- the notarization of the articles. We will supply this for you.
- plus appointment of the first managing director(s),
- the application to the commercial register and the registration
- the shareholder (or his representative) has to sign before a German notary a (short) deed on the incorporation, including the articles of association and the appointment of one or several managing director(s).
Founding a standard UG will need articles of association and an application as determined by law to register with the Commercial Registry signed in front of a notary. This company's articles determines how the shares and profit are allocated, how many legal representatives, etc. The rest is then taken care of by the notary. My services for setting-up will be to provide a standard articles of association, unbinding but true translation of that contract into English for your understanding.
The managing director has to then open a bank account. However, my approach does not make it necessary that the notary will first expect funding and then apply for registration. The notary will file the application latest the next day after the articles of association have been signed in front of him. Having several contacts to different banks, I can introduce you to them. Many German banks require the personal appearance of the founder to open the corporate bank account. If it is inconvenient for you to visit Germany – just to open a bank account – we will still have a solution. Though it belongs to our services to introduce you to our contacts, we cannot guarantee that they will open an account for you.
Services for Standard Setup of UG
Below services are for a standard set-up. Standard implies that you have at most three shareholders, one director and the statutory capital of € 1. When you are in hurry, please consider buying a virgin ready-made UG from our associate Beam my Presence to Germany UG.
- The company can be set up in one week upon receipt of all documentation – including notary and registration in Commercial Registry,
- Company can operate after visiting the notary and signing the documents in front of him.
- Company will be entered into commercial registry about one week after filing by notary and payment of fees for Commercial Registry.
Difference between GmbH and UG
Read about this here: Image of UG in Daily Business Life
Are you in a hurry?
When you are in hurry, decide to change to buy a readymade company. What is the difference? Your need to engage in business! While the founding lasts about 2.5 months until you have your VAT-ID, you can start with German and non-European sales right after visiting the notary! We can arrange an appointment at the notary in around two weeks.
|Beam my Presence to Germany UG (limited liability) is our associate in providing virtual offices for your GmbH or UG or representation in Germany.|