Founding a GmbH in Germany
If you are a foreign investor and you want to open a German company for bigger business, a full German limited liability company or with its German acronym “GmbH” will be your friend. A “Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung” offers a simple structure typically designed for private companies.
There are not many requirements for opening a company:
- minimum share capital for a GmbH is € 25,000,
- minimum number of shareholders is one,
- minimum number of directors is one,
- a physical address is required,
- legal description of the line of business,
- the notarization of the articles of association,
- appointment of the first director(s),
- the application of registering the company with the commercial registry via the notary,
- shareholder (or his special representative, based on a notarized power of attorney) has to sign a deed on the incorporation before a German notary, and the appointment of one or several director(s).
- the new director(s) has/have to then open a bank account
- the company has to then fund a bank account with at least € 12,500 (= half of the company stock capital),
- upon proof of capitalizing your company, the notary will apply to register your company with the commercial registry.
- After the incorporation, the company has to be registered with
- tax office (incl. VAT ID),
- trade office.
Our standardized offer for setting up your company instantly:
- testing legitimacy of your selected company's name,
- fine-tuning and testing legitimacy of the line of business for the articles of association,
- drafting the bilingual company formation documents, which you will be requested to approve prior to the notary,
- organizing the notary,
- payment of the notary's fees,
- paying fees with Commercial Registry,
- introducing you to up to two banks.
Are you in a hurry?
When you are really in a hurry, decide to buy a readymade company. What is the difference? Your need to engage in business! While the founding lasts about 2.5 months until you have your VAT-ID, you can start with German and non-European sales or services right after visiting the notary! We can arrange an appointment at the notary within approx. one week.
By filling out and submitting the form, you are accepting the standard terms and conditions and assuring that you are acting as a business!