Founding a UG in Germany
If you want to incorporate as a start-up or small-scale business the entrepreneurial company, Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)" or with its acronym "UG" will be your choice.
Requirements for a UG
Founding a UG in Germany is something straight forward but only when you fund the company with cash.
- minimum share capital for a UG is € 1,
- minimum number of shareholders is one,
- physical address is required,
(A virtual office is only acceptable as a physical address here),
- description of the line of business,
- the notarization of the articles,
- plus appointment of the first managing director(s),
- the application to the commercial registry,
- the shareholder (or his representative) has to sign before a German notary a deed on the incorporation, and the appointment of all directors,
- the director has to open a bank account,
Fees (ex VAT)
When you click on below button and fill out and submit the form, you are accepting the standard terms and conditions and assuring that you are acting as a business!
If you still have questions left, please visit our incorporation FAQs by clicking this sentence.
Are you in a hurry?
When you are in hurry, decide to buy a readymade company. What is the difference? Your expedited need to engage in business! While the founding lasts about 2.5 months until you have your VAT-ID, you can start with German and non-European sales right after visiting the notary! We can arrange an appointment at the notary in around one week.