Founding a UG in Germany
If you want to incorporate as a start-up or small-scale business the entrepreneurial company, Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)" or with its acronym "UG" will be your best choice.
Requirements for a UG
Founding a UG in Germany is something straight forward but only when you fund the company with cash.
- minimum share capital for a UG is € 1,
- minimum number of shareholders is one,
- physical address is required,
(A virtual office is only acceptable as a physical address here),
- description of the line of business,
- the notarization of the articles,
- plus appointment of the first managing director(s),
- the application to the commercial registry,
- the shareholder (or his representative) has to sign a deed on the incorporation and the appointment of all directors before a German notary,
- the director has to open a bank account,
Fees (ex VAT)
When you click on below button and fill out and submit the form, you are accepting the standard terms and conditions and assuring that you are acting as a business!
Are you in a hurry?
If you are in hurry, you may want to consider to buy a readymade company. What is the difference? Your expedited need to engage in business! While the founding takes about 2.5 months until you have your VAT-ID, with a readymade company you can start with German and non-European sales right after visiting the notary! We can arrange an appointment at the notary in around one week.