Who is Alexander?
|Born: 1961, in New York, N.Y.
Citizenships: German and American
Appointment as attorney in 1997 in Berlin
Speaking English is one thing – understanding is another. Alexander prefers to communicate straightforward. A "no" comes from him just as easy as a "yes". Some cultures are not used to this kind of communication. Alexander, however, considers it most important that you correctly and not only possibly understand his consultation / your situation. Therefore, please do not be offended! When you have to communicate "no" and this is inconvenient for you because you consider it impolite, so please give him a break and negate your response as much as possible without really breaking with your culture! Consider Alexander relies on being understood and that he understands you. Consider straightforwardness as a chance, a new possibility – especially to cope with his impatience.
elementary and junior high school in Connecticut; U.S.A.
(Mittelstufe) Landschulheim am Solling in Holzminden, Germany
German "High School" in Hesse
- Traditional universities of Marburg and Goettingen,
- Referendariat (Practical Legal Training)/Internships i.a.:
- Higher Regional Court in Celle
- Chamber for Commercial Matters at Regional Court in Hanover
- Federal Ministry of Economy in Prague, Czech and Slovak Federal Republic
- Further Studies in Tax Law: SWA GmbH, Berlin
Research fellow on the project "Privatizing Institutions in East, East Central and Southeast Europe" by Prof. Dr. Herwig Roggemann at East Europe Institute of Free University Berlin: Report on Czech an Slovak Republics, using original sources in 1993
- On May 24, 2011, Alexander's project, Legal Guide to Germany, www.lg2g.info, was chosen as one of the finalists for "be.berlin, be.international". Alexander received praises from numerous members of Berlin's government. Among the lauders was the Senator for Traffic, who unfortunately came a half too late because of a traffic jam.
- The Legal Guide to Germany has been nominated for the German Engagement Prize 2011
- Business Immigration, online training paper for attorneys, with DAI Deutscher Anwaltsinstitut e.V.,
- Translation of Czech law no. 248/1992 Sb. "on Investment Companies and Investment Funds" [Collection of Statutes]: Commercial Law East European Countries (= WOS) CR III 3 c
- Translation of Czech decree of Ministry of Finances no. 224/1996 Sb. "on the Evaluation of Securities in Property of Investment Funds", WOS CR VIII b a
- "The Legal Guide for Living in Germany", 2003, eBook published by himself; paper-back published by Weißensee Verlag, www.Legal-Guide.info, legal portal for aliens in private and business, relaunched to www.LG2G.info
- The new Residency Law Coming now, the international community, January 2005 p. 17 et. seq.
- Legal Aspects and Requirements for a German Visa and Residence Permit, 2008,
- German Immigration and Residency Regulations, Expatica March 21, 2011
- FATCA and What it Practically means for your German Bank Relationship from the German Legal Perspective, republished by ACA
- Effects incurring from a Revoked or not Renewed Passport for an American in German, republished by AGBC-Berlin,
- Brexit and Immigration in Germany, republished on AGBC-Berlin
- A wrong move can be costly when navigating different systems, Sharon Reier, International Herald Tribune Saturday, October 23, 2004; http://web.archive.org/web/20051106094254/http://www.iht.com/articles/2004/10/22/opinion/rlegal.htm
- The name game, The Local, Published: 3 Aug 10 11:55 CET
- Expat.Show, Brexit the legal story so far...
- with press attaché of Nigerian Embassy in offenen Kanal (local TV station) on 7. April 2006 on the topic "Integration and Immigration of Africans"
- with press attaché of Nigerian Embassy in offenen Kanal (local TV station) on 7. February 2007 on the topic "Antidisrcimination Act"
- Berliner Interkulturelles Form am 29.09.2011 on the topic "Expatriate Lives in Germany", held by BAMIK in collaboration with InterNations
- Live Interview “the expat show” In May 2018
American Church Berlin
and its Working Group Foreigners and Asylum Law