Data Privacy Statement
The contents boiled down to the core: I will collect and process as much data as required but as few as possible.
The contents of this data privacy statement reads as follows:
- Links to Websites of Third Parties
- Types of Information Collected
- Usage of Entrusted Data
- With whom will be Data Shared?
- Rights of Concerned Parties
- Right of Contest
- Data Security
- Updating this Policy
- Data Privacy Commissioner
This data privacy statement covers personal information, non-personal data collection and aggregated reporting for statistical evaluations.
Personal data is individual information about personal or factual relations to your person. I use personal information to fulfill your assignment. If you share personally identifiable information with me, you can rely on it being used solely for the purpose of completing your assignment. I really appreciate the trust placed in me. I will not sell your personal data to third parties or rent or give to third parties. I only make exceptions if you have asked me directly or indirectly to contact a person / company on your behalf.
Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. I collect and analyze non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use my website. The non-personal data I collect may include the pages visited on my website, unique URLs visited within vonEngelhardt.com, browser type and IP address. Most non-personal data is collected by analysis technologies whenever they are installed. This data improves the usability, usability and content of the site. The legal basis for data collection is art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
I use your personal information to provide you with services, to better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, I use the entrusted information to help you complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to provide service and support.
Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about our website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content.
If, pursuant to art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO, you have expressly consented, I use your e-mail address to regularly send you my newsletter. For the receipt of the newsletter the indication of an e-mail address and a name is sufficient. The deregistration is possible at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request to me at any time by e-mail.
Usage of Analysis Technologies
Tracking measures are based on art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. With the tracking measures to be used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
For the purpose of customizing and continually optimizing our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, hereafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see below) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- browser type / version,
- used operating system,
- referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailor-made website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data in the order. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking). You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, I point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully exploited.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set that will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
To statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing my website, I also use Google conversion tracking. In doing so, Google Adwords will set a cookie (see below) on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google ad. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer's website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Every Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can not be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page tagged with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users.
Usage of Contact Form
For questions of any kind, I offer you the opportunity to contact me via a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a name, typically your citizenship, and a valid e-mail address so that I know who the request came from and to answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO based on your voluntarily granted consent. The personal data collected by my for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
I will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. German law on attorneys strictly prohibits such with imprisonment up to one year or a punishment in paying a fine (§203 StGB). I will only share your personal information with third parties,
- You your according to art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO have given express consent to this
- the disclosure pursuant to art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO, as permitted by law, and in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
I will not share your information with third parties unless I respond to your request for specific services. If a contact is to be made, then your email will be forwarded to the third party with my recommendation. I work with third parties to provide you with full service. Suppliers and service providers are obliged to treat the data received from me confidentially and to use them exclusively for the purpose of their services and business transactions on my behalf. To be able to offer my customers the best possible service, I can change my service providers at any time. We will not share personal information with third parties without your permission, except for the following purposes:
- responding to duly authorized data requests from authorities or other entities authorized to do so;
- compliance with laws, regulations, subpoenas or court orders;
- prevention of fraud or reinforcement or protection of the rights and property of my employees or me,
- protecting the personal safety of my employees or me.
You have the right:
- in accordance with art. 15 DSGVO, to request information about your personal data processed by me. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or contest, the existence of a right to contest, the source of your data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- pursuant to art. 16 DSGVO, to demand the rectification of incorrect or completed personal data stored by me immediately;
- in accordance with art. 17 DSGVO, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by me, except where the processing is for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims is required;
- in accordance with art. 18 DSGVO to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and I no longer need the data, but you this to assert, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to art. 20 DSGVO to receive your personal data provided to me in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- pursuant to art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO your once granted consent to revoke against me at any time. As a result, I am not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future
- according to art. 77 DSGVO to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
If your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO are processed, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an email to ahoi [AT] vonengelhardt.com
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we'll use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed representation of the key-related or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
According to Art. 37 IV DSVO i.V.m. §38 BDSG no data protection officer is appointed. Please contact me.
Alexander Baron von Engelhardt