Founding a UG in Germany
If you want to incorporate as a start-up or small-scale business the entrepreneurial company, Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)" or with its acronym "UG" will be your best choice.
Requirements for a UG
Founding a UG in Germany is easy but only when you fund the company with cash.
- minimum share capital for a UG is € 1,
- minimum number of shareholders is one,
- minimum number of directors is one,
- physical address is required,
which can be realized with a virtual office,
- legal description of the line of business,
- the notarization of the articles of association,
- appointment of the first director(s),
- the application to the commercial registry,
- the shareholder and the director have to sign deeds on the incorporation before a German notary,
However, this can be realized with a special representative with notarized and legalized power of attorney. This set-up constitutes a "remote founding".
- the director has to open a bank account,
After the incorporation, the company has to be registered with
- tax office (incl. VAT ID),
- as a rule the trade office
as a minimum. Depending on your company's line of business, you might need a permit. In seldom cases, you need the permission first before you may have the company registered. We will keep an eye on this detail and inform you of a required permission before it's too late.
Our standardized offer for setting up your UG instantly:
- testing legitimacy of your selected company name,
- fine-tuning and testing legitimacy of the line of business for the articles of association,
- drafting the bilingual company formation documents, which you will be requested to approve prior to the notary appointment,
- organizing the notary appointment in your vicinity, exception: remote founding,
- introducing you to up to two banks.
Are you in a Hurry?
If you are in hurry, you may want to consider buying a ready-made company. What is the difference? May I first ask you another question? How urgently do need to write the first domestic invoices? With the founding process it takes about 2.5 months until you receive your VAT-ID. With a ready-made company you can start with German and non-European sales or services right after visiting the notary! We can arrange a notary appointment in approx. one week.
Fees (ex VAT)
|Basic Fee Instant Company Formation – as above||480 €||380 €|
|Surcharge for Optional Services|
|Considering more than three Persons – per Person||20 €|
|Corporate Founder||250 €|
|Trade Registration – full service||150 €|
|Trade Registration – budget service||50 €|
|Trade Registration – urgent service||300 €|
|Registration with Tax Office||600 €|
|Payroll Set-up||300 €|
|Applying for a VAT-ID||50 €|
|Remote Founding||1170 €||530 €|
|Interpreting @ Notary||300 €|
|Additional Fee installing Alexander as your company's proxy director||50 €|
|Additional Fee registration at IHK||30 €|
|Applying for EORI Number – normal processing||40 €|
|Applying for EORI Number – urgent application||60 €|
When you click on the button below and fill out and submit the form, you are accepting the standard terms and conditions, and assure that you are acting as a business!