Founding a UG in Germany
If you want to incorporate as a start-up or small-scale business the entrepreneurial company, Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)" or with its acronym "UG" will be your best choice.
Requirements for a UG
Founding a UG in Germany is easy but only when you fund the company with cash.
- minimum share capital for a UG is € 1,
- minimum number of shareholders is one,
- minimum number of directors is one,
- physical address is required,
which can be realized with a virtual office,
- legal description of the line of business,
- the notarization of the articles of association,
- appointment of the first director(s),
- the application to the commercial registry,
- the shareholder and the director have to sign deeds on the incorporation before a German notary,
However, this can be realized with a special representative with notarized and legalized power of attorney. This set-up constitutes a "remote founding".
- the director has to open a bank account,
Our standardized offer for setting up your UG instantly:
- testing legitimacy of your selected company name,
- fine-tuning and testing legitimacy of the line of business for the articles of association,
- drafting the bilingual company formation documents, which you will be requested to approve prior to the notary appointment,
- organizing the notary appointment in your vicinity, exception: remote founding,
- introducing you to up to two banks.
Are you in a hurry?
If you are in hurry, you may want to consider buying a ready-made company. What is the difference? May I first ask you another question? How urgently do need to write the first domestic invoices? With the founding process it takes about 2.5 months until you receive your VAT-ID. With a ready-made company you can start with German and non-European sales or services right after visiting the notary! We can arrange a notary appointment in approx. one week.
Fees (ex VAT)
When you click on the button below and fill out and submit the form, you are accepting the standard terms and conditions, and assure that you are acting as a business!