Founding a UG in Germany
If you want to incorporate as a start-up or small-scale business, the entrepreneurial company, Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)" or with its acronym "UG" will be your best choice.
Requirements for a UG
Founding a UG in Germany is easy, but only when you fund the company with cash.
- minimum share capital for a UG is € 1,
- minimum number of shareholders is one,
- minimum number of directors is one,
- a physical address is required,
which can be realized with a virtual office,
- the legal description of the line of business,
- the notarization of the articles of association,
- appointment of the first director(s),
- the application to the commercial registry,
- the shareholder and the director have to sign deeds on the incorporation before a German notary,
However, this can be realized with a special representative with notarized and legalized power of attorney. This set-up constitutes a "remote founding",
- the director has to open a bank account,
After the incorporation, the company has to be registered with
- the tax office (incl. VAT ID),
- as a rule the trade office
as a minimum. Depending on your company's line of business, you might need a permit. In seldom cases, you need the permission first before you may have the company registered. We will keep an eye on this detail and inform you that your company requires permission before it's too late.
Our standardized offer for setting up your UG instantly:
- testing legitimacy of your selected company name,
- fine-tuning and testing legitimacy of the line of business for the articles of association,
- drafting the bilingual company formation documents, which you will be requested to approve prior to the notary appointment,
- organizing the notary appointment in your vicinity, exception: remote founding,
- entering your company into the transparency registry,
- introducing you to up to two banks.
Do you think the form is too complicated, or do you want a healthy mix of "do it yourself" and professional support? We can accommodate your request! So make your appointment for your personal support right here.
Are you in a hurry?
If you are in a hurry or are a non-European without a residence permit for Germany, we recommend that you purchase a shelf company. We have detailed the difference here. For regular incorporation, it can take about 2.5 - 3 months to receive your VAT ID.
Foreigners outside of Europe who do not reside here will generally not obtain a checking account with a German bank. However, with a shelf company from our partner, Beam my Presence to Germany UG (haftungsbeschränkt), you can start selling your goods or services in Germany and outside Europe right after the notary visit! The company also has an account, which can also be taken over if a European is an authorized signatory or managing director of this company. We can then make an appointment with the notary within about a week.
Fees (ex VAT)
|Basic Fee Instant Company Formation – as above||653 €||481 €|
|Surcharge for Optional Services|
|Considering more than three Persons – per Person||46 €|
|Corporate Founder||288 € - 575 €|
|Trade Registration – full service||173 €|
|Trade Registration – budget service||58 €|
|Trade Registration – urgent service||345 €|
|Registration with Tax Office||690 €|
|Payroll Set-up||345 €|
|Applying for a VAT-ID||58 €|
|Remote Founding||1357 €||610 €|
|Interpreting @ Notary||345 €|
|Installing your company's proxy director||58 €|
|Registration at IHK||35 €|
|Applying for EORI Number – normal processing||46 €|
|Applying for EORI Number – urgent application||69 €|
|Registration at Chamber of Handicrafts - full service||173 €|
|Registration at Chamber of Handicrafts - budget service||58 €|
|Registration at Chamber of Handicrafts - urgent service||345 €|
|Providing your Website with an Imprint||35 €|
When you click on the button below and fill out and submit the form, you accept the standard terms and conditions and assure that you are acting as a business!