Immigration Services for Freelancers

Freelancers are Professional Service Providers

Freelancers are also welcome in Germany. A freelancer is a professional service provider who wants to run his own business alone or with partners. What exactly is freelancing in Germany? This topic is somewhat confusing, but you can find more information here. Similar to a corporate business immigration, you will need a residence permit for self-employment (§21 V AufenthG) but with less strict requirements. I will gladly help you to establish your working residence here.

Our Services

Our services will include:

  • supplying a checklist for any and all documents to be submitted,
  • instructing at which office these documents are to be submitted,
  • doublechecking supplementary documents,
  • negotiating legal follow-up questions from the authorities,
  • issuing a supplementary letter as the business description to persuade the authorities,
  • a P&L forecast for the next three years,
  • providing general instructions about the application proceedings (duration, fees, opening hours, etc.),
  • whenever possible, providing either the mandatory application form or a json-file for the consulate's online form,
  • submitting the details to local authorities for them to process in advance,
  • We will brief you how to prepare your appointment at the consulate which is practically the greatest barrier for your successful immigration,
  • organizing an economist to provide you with a promising business plan,
  • studying and proofreading the business plan from the hired economist, or developing the business description,
  • providing a letter to you on your legal status after every relevant step.

Services for Spouse and Minor Child(ren):

A trailing spouse and minor children do not automatically come into Germany with the candidate. Just because the candidate applies does not at all mean they will get a permit. They have to apply themselves for family reunion with you. In contrast to your needed support, they themselves usually do not require much attention. However, they greatly impact the financial needs the candidate might have to show. As we highly value the family, we will not bill for minors. This stands under the condition that both your “better half” and your children will travel with you and need no special attention.

Are you 45 years or older?

If you are 45 years or older, you also have to receive a salary of at least € 4015 in western Germany resp. € 3905 for eastern Germany. If your salary will be lower than that threshold, you will have to show an adequate pension plan or other retirement provisions. This coverage can be either the state pension plan from home, private savings, or closing a German pension plan or a mixture of all. The government wants to make sure that you will not be dependent on welfare upon retiring.

N.B. This is only relevant for the very first permit!

Our Fees

After running your test, we will be able to quote, as our support depends on our workload, and each business is different. Your line of business might need permission or certain special registrations. This and more will be determined during your business's feasibility test. 

As service providers, we do not want to dictate the fees for our services. We are generally willing to negotiate. Click here to find out more. 

How to assign us

You can test your chances for business immigration using the button below and then assign us from there.


You can test your chances for business here first !


We use cookies
This website uses cookies to manage authentication, contact forms, and other functions. It won't be fully functional without cookies. The cookies will be stored on your device. Do you agree to use cookies?